Please join me on Facebook(Beardog and Joolz), Pinterest (Beardog) and Tumblr (Naughty Naked Bear).

Saturday 27 August 2011

Sitting Room Reveal

Well the sofa was returned and I felt all at once a bit disappointed, it didn't look how I imagined in my head. I have a terrific fantasy life which doesn't always match up to reality. It was a fleeting disappointment thank goodness.

So the Sitting Room is now complete, I spent a few hours putting up pictures, re-arranging cushions and placing lamps here and there. So here it is, let me know what you think:

View from the door to room



 I am very happy at the results, the walls are dark burnt chocolate and the sofa contrasts fantastically.

Orchids add a french flavour perhaps. There is a really nice feel to the room, it feels fresh and bright, yet is dark and moody at night, so very cosy.
 Managed to get fairy lights inside the cupboard and it looks lovely. The chicken wire doors adds a country charm. It is painted in Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint : Old White  (inside) and Paris Grey.

It contrasts well with the dark walls doesn't it?

 There are lots of windows in this room so it can handle a dark colour on the walls without looking gloomy.
TV flanked by two urns

Close up of patina on urns



Fire place all lit up

Hope you like the results as much as I do. Hubby hasn't seen it yet as he is in California still but he is in for a surprise. Its amazing what a girl can do in five days with a paint brush and a little imagination!!

see you soon

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment